Self Assessment Tool
IHI Patient Flow Diagnostic Tool
Sep 16, 2010
Measuring and understanding hospital capacity and utilization is an important first step to begin patient flow improvements. IHI's Flow Diagnostic allows you to evaluate the current state of your patient flow and help determine a strategy to improve it. Set your organization's current parameters to see where your challenges lie.
For more information see:
- Video: Jeff Terry "Reducing Variation and Utilization"
- Case Study: Easing capacity strain at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Case Study: Breaking the Bottleneck in Transfers from ED
- Blog: Solve Capacity Problems Without the Last Minute Panic
- Whitepaper: Patient flow and access
- Blog: Random Acts of utilization (Part 1 of 4)
The figures and calculations herein are estimates made for informational purposes only, and are based on GE Healthcare's prior experiences with its clients. The potential opportunities estimated in this tool are not intended to be a commitment, guaranty, or warranty from GE Healthcare. As each hospital is unique, your facility may have other costs, capacities, or other variables that may not be reflected herein. For a more detailed assessment of the potential for your particular facility, please contact your GE Healthcare representative. GE Healthcare accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this tool.